From Mike Powell
@1:2320/105 to ALL
on Sat Jan 2 14:58:00 2021
Fidonet GUNS_N_SUCH Echo Rules
Updated on 12 July 2020
Moderator : Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
GUNS_N_SUCH is an echo for gun enthusiasts to discuss their mutual hobby
in a safe, friendly environment. This echo originates in Zone 1 in the
United States and will focus on the freedoms of gun ownership as well
as the rules and regulations on guns in the United States.
However, international gun enthusiasts are welcomed also.
All weapons that could be considered a "gun", such as pistols, long
rifles, shotguns, black powder pistols and rifles, and even heavy
artillery are on-topic here.
The use of guns in hunting is considered on-topic also.
WHAT IS NOT ON-TOPIC: Any subject related to guns that could be
considered as politically sensitive such as gun control. This
echo is for the enjoyment of guns and the hobby of gun ownership,
gunsmithing, and gun sports. Please take all political discussions
to one of the echos dedicated to political discussions.
*** READ THIS CAREFULLY: THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ECHO. ***
If you do not agree with the freedom to own guns, you should not
participate in this echo.
By participating in this echo, you agree to the following policies:
* Any technical discussion in this echo is to be considered for
personal use only. The moderators and its participants are not
to be held liable for any damage or injury one may suffer by
following advice obtained in this echo. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
* Absolutely no political discussion outside the realm dealing directly
with guns. If you disagree with gun ownership, you should not
participate in this echo.
* Absolutely no flaming or personal insults will be tolerated in
* Religious discussion pertaining to guns is tolerated but should
be kept on-topic and to a minimum.
* Please do not discuss illegal topics in this echo such as the use
of mercury-tipped ammunition.
* All posts must be in English. This echo originates in the US and
as such, English is the official language of this echo.
* No off-topic posts such as BBS/network ads, test messages, network
politics, et cetera.
* Real names are required to be used in this echo. No aliases. If
your BBS software will not allow you to toggle between real name and
alias in the message header, sign your message with your real name.
* Please don't gate this echo to USENET, a mailing list, another BBS
mail network, an online Fidonet mail archive, or anything else
without the moderator's express and written permission. This is
a Fidonet echo and needs to stay in Fidonet.
* This echo does not recognize any local or regional echomail policies
such as EP1. This echo originates in Zone 1 and follows Zone 1 policies
concerning the "echolist".
* The moderators have the final say in dealing with problems in the echo.
If you have something to say about a moderator's action, please
contact them via netmail (preferred) or email.
* No public discussion of a moderation action is allowed.
* This is a living document and will be adjusted as needed.
* This document will be posted near the 1st of each month and
* Please don't hesitate to contact the moderator with any questions.
Thank you for your participation in GUNS_N_SUCH!
-- Mike Powell, GUNS_N_SUCH Moderator
* SLMR 2.1a * Can you repeat the part after 'Listen very carefully'?
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)