Quoting ROBERT WOLFE:
+ Quinn + Quinn HQ - (no address yet)
Your own BBS package? :)
Some details, please :) Features, availability for download, etc? )
Not available for download at the moment, I'd have to fix a few things I hard coded for my BBS.
Features.. umm still working on those ;)
- Message Areas (Obviously)
- File Areas
- Full screen editor (Still a bit buggy)
- Multinode chat via XMPP
- Everything stored in MySQL
- Written in Java
There's a few reasons you wouldn't want to run my bbs
- No support for DOS doors (this is tricky because Java doesn't expose the
underlying socket descriptor. I tried using reflection to get it, but just
haven't managed to get dosbox to work with it.
- Everything stored in MySQL, currently nothing talks to MySQL message areas
means no FIDO tosser (QWK works with a hacked version of YAQN tosser)
- Still missing some basic features like user preferences.
I running it for fun, if people want BRE, FE etc they can log in to one of the other many BBS and play it, or if they want fido messages.
+ Quinn + Quinn HQ - (telnet://quinn.servebbs.org:2323